Christmas Comics Countdown: Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #46
Todd DeZago creates a fun, touching Christmas tale in “Marvel Adventures Spider-Man” No. 46, an issue of the all-ages series first released in 2008.
In “Silent Nights,” drawn by Roberto Castro (behind a cool cover by Francis Tsai) Spidey is battling the cold, and trying to come up with a great present for Aunt May. Last year, she broke a ceramic decoration she had shared with her late husband, Peter’s Uncle Ben. Peter would like to replace it, but it runs $100, and he’s significantly short.
He tries to scare up a photo assignment from Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson, but Jameson’s got nothing for him. Then Spider-Man hears there’s a burglar going around dressed as Santa Claus, and figures nabbing him might be good for some Bugle photos. The mishaps and adventures that follow make for an exciting tale with a heartwarming twist. DeZago does a good job capturing the feeling of the young Peter Parker here in a recommended holiday tale.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4026Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3825As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3740OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients