Avengers vs X-Men 3 review: Captain America vs. Wolverine!
Ed Brubaker writes “Avengers vs. X-Men” No. 3, featuring art by John Romita Jr. The cover promises a fight that’s made for some great comics before — Captain America vs. Wolverine!
While the overall story arc doesn’t move that far forward, Brubaker – the man who has written what’s become one of the longest sustained “Captain America” runs of all time – puts Captain America and Wolverine in conflict over how the Avengers will pursue Hope, the mutant who seems to be gaining the powers of the Phoenix.
It’s a lot of action, some misdirection, and mainly a good Wolverine/Cap issue. It’s likely to have repercussions as the series progresses, as well. You can quibble with bits of the motivation, but I think it all comes together by the end. Overall, a solid continuation of what’s been an entertaining series so far. The key event of this issue is the Cap/Wolverine showdown – but that’s worth the price of admission.
- Matt Price
Click past the cut for a preview!
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17340Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17005OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13213Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11218Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9481Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7832Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7484Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7070Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6266Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients