2,011 in 2011 comic-book reading challenge: Week 51 and 52 recap
Holy cow. It’s done! I sort of can’t believe I finished the entire thing, but I did, in fact, complete my 2,011 comic books in 2011 reading challenge.
David Nelson, who also completed the challenge, asked if I had a compiled list. I don’t — I might work it up in January, but for the moment, the best way to relive the challenge is by going through the category: http://blog.newsok.com/nerdage/tag/2011-in-2011.
Thanks to everyone who read along and who worked on the challenge from home! Breakdowns for the last two weeks past the cut; more breakdowns possible in January.
Michael Turner’s “Fathom” again made up the largest single title read in the past two weeks, as I worked through the Aspen output of the title. With 2 days left in the year, I’ve read 2,011 comics, to complete the challenge. I read 76 comics total in the past two weeks of my 2,011 in 2011 comic-book challenge. There have been some questions about, did I list every single comic I read this year? And no, I didn’t. The 2,011 includes anything I read and blogged about, either in text or video format.
Aspen and DC Comics were the top 2 publishers for the past two weeks.
DC Comics: 24
Marvel Comics: 16
Image Comics: 7
The 2010s were the top decade of the past 2 weeks, followed by the 2000s.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients