Matt Price’s top ten comic-book series of 2012
Best comic-book series of 2012; Image Comics resurgence key as columnist looks at best periodical comic books of the year
The return of one of comics’ master writers was one of the biggest benefits of 2012, as Brian K. Vaughan returned to comics, creating the Image Comics series “Saga” with artist Fiona Staples. The resurgence of Image Comics, which is a hive of creator-owned comics activity, was a great sign for innovative periodical comics in 2012. So too was the return of Valiant Comics, a publisher that was big in the 1990s, and returned with a force in 2012.
The following are the best 10 comic book series of 2012. (See last week for the top 10 graphic novels, or go online to NewsOK.com.)
In the gorgeous, deep and enveloping comic series, Marko and Alana are lovers from opposite sides of a galactic conflict, and the story begins with the birth of their child.
Vaughan, known for “Y: The Last Man” and “Ex Machina,” has created the beginning of an epic sci-fi fantasy story here, as the pair are on the run from the authorities as their forbidden relationship is revealed.
Former “Iron Fist” collaborators Matt Fraction and David Aja return with “Hawkeye,” a look at the Rockford Files-esque everyday adventures of the archer Hawkeye when he’s not hanging with the Avengers. Artist Javier Pulido also contributed to the series in 2012. Fraction mixes comedic moments, action and engaging characters for Marvel’s best comic of 2012.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients