Comics Buyers’ Guide to close, cease publication
Comics Buyers’ Guide will close, ceasing publication with its March 2013 issue, the magazine announced today. The publication, originally founded in 1971, is one of the longest-running magazines about comics.
The magazine moved from a weekly to monthly format in 2004. As a longtime reader of and subscriber to the magazine, I’m sorry to see it go, though, like others, it had obviously faced some challenges in the modern media era.
Owners F+W media said in a news release that current subscribers to the magazine will receive a one-for-one conversion to the biweekly “Antique Trader” publication. The web site www.CBGXtra.com and the Comic Buyers’ Guide Facebook page will remain available as archived resources.
My best wishes to the staff and freelancers affected by this news.
UPDATE: Former managing editor John Jackson Miller shares a history of the publication.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients