X-Men to relaunch with Brian Wood, Oliver Coipel in April
Marvel has announced the adjectiveless “X-Men” title will relaunch in April with writer Brian Wood at the helm. Wood (“Channel Zero”) recently wrote the sold-out first issue of a new “Star Wars” ongoing series for Dark Horse, and has previously written both “X-Men” and “Ultimate X-Men” for Marvel, among many others.
In the April relaunch, Storm, Rogue, Jubilee, Kitty Pryde, Rachel Grey, Rogue and Psylocke are the team members in the new ongoing series as part of Marvel NOW! Artist Oliver Coipel (“Avengers vs. X-Men”) will draw the series.
Here’s how Marvel describes the series:
An old enemy shows up at the X-Men’s door, seeking asylum from an ancient evil come back to Earth. Meanwhile, Jubilee has come home, and she’s brought with her an orphaned baby who might hold the key to the Earth’s survival…or its destruction! With an imminent alien invasion and an eons-spanning war between brother and sister around the corner, Storm steps up and puts together a team to protect the child and stop a new threat that could destroy all life in the Marvel Universe!
“This April, double X marks the spot,” said Axel Alonso, Editor In Chief, Marvel Entertainment, in a news release. “The most popular and powerful female mutants will band together to form a team that’s much more than the sum of its parts, battling for stakes that couldn’t be higher. It’s a mind-bending, heart-pumping, thought-provoking saga that only Brian Wood and Olivier Coipel could tell.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims
- 6479Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6305Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5197Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients