Thanos Rising at Marvel NOW! with Jason Aaron, Simone Bianchi
Marvel has announced the limited series “Thanos Rising” as part of its Marvel NOW! initiative. The limited series is by writer Jason Aaron and artist Simone Bianchi. The first issue will release in April.
Here’s how Marvel describes the series:
Prepare for a visceral tale of tragedy, deceit and destiny like you’ve never seen before as readers dive into the shrouded history of the most talked about villain of the Marvel Universe. Who is Thanos, and where did this demi-god of death and destruction come from? And how does this story set up one of the biggest events in Marvel history?
“The story of Thanos’ rise to power would make Shakespeare shudder,” said Axel Alonso, Editor in Chief, Marvel Entertainment, in a news release. “The epic saga of a young boy, born in blood on a planet far, far away, who grows to become one of the most powerful and terrifying forces in the Marvel Universe, ‘Thanos Rising’ takes a cold, hard look at the eternal question: Are some people just born evil?’
Marvel’s release says this series will cause fans to discover an entirely new perspective on the origin of Thanos.
“This is without a doubt one of the creepiest stories I’ve ever gotten to write for Marvel. It’s the origin of an outer space serial killer, the story of the universe’s weirdest romance and a grand cosmic tragedy, all wrapped up in one,” said writer Jason Aaron in a news release. “This is me taking five issues to really dig into the head of a space-faring world conqueror, mass murderer and hopeless romantic. I love writing stories with villains as the main character, and this book is about Thanos all the way.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26517Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16984Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9163UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8469Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7839Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7354OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6545Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6151Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 5942Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5445Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients