Top 10 Super Bowl commercials 2013
After what looked like it could be a blowout, Super Bowl XLVII changed pace and made for a tight game. The advertisements pretty well lived up to the billing, too, with not as many awful ones and a few bright spots. Overall, maybe nothing we’ll be talking about years from now, but not a bad mix. Etrade continues to be fairly worthless, and Coke and Volkswagen might have been a little more culturally tone-deaf than we’re used to from them. But other brands put out a positive impression.
Here are my top 10 commercials for Super Bowl XLVII.
1. M&Ms “Love Ballad”
The Red M&M singing “I Would do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That) as his girlfriend tries to snack on him just cracked me up.
2. Hyundai, “Epic Playdate with the Flaming Lips”
Oklahoma’s own Flaming Lips are in one of the night’s top spots. (Another celebrity with Oklahoma ties, Kate Upton, didn’t make my top 10, but some will likely enjoy her Mercedes-Benz commercial.) This one came close to topping my list, and may be the most remembered bit of the night.
3. Star Trek Into Darkness
J.J. Abrams has done a good job building excitement about this film while keeping it shrouded in mystery. The teasers and trailers are building interest without giving too much away.
4.Dodge Ram, “Farmer”
Great way for Dodge to connect with their core audience and celebrate the American farmer.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6778Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6425Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5726How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients