EW: Han Solo, Boba Fett films planned in Star Wars franchise
Entertainment Weekly reports that in addition to the new trilogy of planned “Star Wars” films beginning with Episode VII, additional films fleshing out characters from the films are in the works. The first two will focus on two popular characters from the original trilogy: Han Solo and Boba Fett.
The spinoff films were revealed as part of Disney’s earnings report, though these specifics weren’t immediately confirmed by Disney or Lucasfilm. EW says the films would take place early in the careers of the characters:
The Han Solo story would take place in the time period between Revenge of the Sith and the first Star Wars (now known
The Boba Fett film would take place either between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between Empire and Jedi, where the bounty hunter was last seen plunging unceremoniously into a sarlacc pit. Exactly who would play him isn’t much of a complication – in the original trilogy, he never took off his helmet. And in the prequels, we learned he was the son of the original stormtrooper clone, played by Temuera Morrison, who’s still the right age for the part if his services were required.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4210Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3961OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3936As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients