‘Lucid’ dream coming true for Oklahoma comic creators via Kickstarter
Two aspiring Oklahoma comic book creators are working on fulfilling a dream. In this case, almost literally.
Author Tim Berry, of Owasso, created the story for “Lucid” inspired by a dream he had. He’s now working with artist Natasha Alterici of Tahlequah to bring that comic to life. The pair are running a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for the completion of the comic.
In “Lucid,” five strangers are trapped, trying to determine what is reality and what is a dream.
“When I read the script for ‘Lucid’ and talked with Tim about how this comic could look, he was very open to the idea of going the nontraditional route,” Alterici said in an email interview. “So many comics today are created with that distinct ‘comic book style’ art, and while it takes great skill to produce, I think it may stifle new ideas and unique voices, especially for newcomers. It so important for artists to find their own voice and hone it. I’m happy Tim is letting me do this in my style, sketchy lines and all. It’s how I love to draw.”
Berry and Alterici met through a Facebook group for Oklahoma comic book creators, which they credited for helping inspire their collaboration.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7436Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6757Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6289UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients