Star Trek: The Next Generation Season Two Blu-ray review
The second season of “Star Trek: The Next Generation” has been released in a remastered, high-definition format for Blu-ray, and the episodes have never looked better. Despite occasional misfires, season two of “TNG” introduces several characters and plots that would be important for the remainder of the show’s run.
Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) is the captain of the starship Enterprise, a Galaxy-class starship on which crew members and their families explore the universe. The show is set about 100 years after the original “Star Trek” series, the groundbreaking 1960s science fiction program.
Dr. Beverly Crusher (Gates McFadden) departs in season two, making way for the one-season experiment of Diana Muldaur as Dr. Pulaski. Pulaski’s rough-hewn, seen-it-all doctor was meant to recall DeForrest Kelley as Leonard “Bones” McCoy in the original series. But her demeanor clashed, not always in a positive way, with the kindler, gentler staff of the Enterprise-D.
Two stars of the “Trek” firmament began their path to fan-favorites in earnest in the 1988-9 season, with Lieutenant Commander Data (Brent Spiner), an android officer of the Enterprise, as the focus of several episodes in his quest to become more human. “The Measure of a Man,” in which Captain Picard must defend Data’s right to existence, is an episode that gets at the essence of what makes “Star Trek” special. Lieutenant Worf (Michael Dorn) gets a spotlight in “The Icarus Factor,” where he meets up again with old flame K’Ehleyr (Suzie Plakson).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3664George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3376Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3309Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients