24-Hour Comics Day set for first Saturday in October
ComicsPRO has announced the date for the 2013 24-Hour Comics Day. Starting in 2013, and going forward, 24-Hour Comics Day will be the first Saturday in October. In 2013, the 10th annual 24-Hour Comics Day will be held on Oct. 5. The announcement was made at the ComicsPRO Annual Members Meeting, held this year in Atlanta, Ga.
“The 24-Hour Comics Day committee has decided to make 24-Hour Comics Day the first Saturday of October every year, based on feedback from participants,” said ComicsPRO director executive director Amanda Emmert.
24-Hour Comics Day is an annual challenge for cartoonists to produce a 24-page comic book written, drawn, and completed in 24 consecutive hours. ComicsPRO, the comic book specialty retailer trade group, organizes the day. ComicsPRO invites comic book artists, whether professional or amateur, young or old, to check out a local venue or try the challenge on their own.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients