SPOILERS: Major character death in ‘Batman Incorporated’ #8
Spoilers ahead for the Wednesday-releasing issue of “Batman Incorporated,” issue #8, by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham. The solicitation states:
• Everything Grant Morrison has been planning since the start of BATMAN, INCORPORATED leads to this stunning issue!
• You must not miss this one!
Batman’s sidekick Robin is doomed in a new comic set for Wednesday release from DC Comics.
“Little did I suspect when I accepted the ‘Batman’ writing assignment back in 2006 that I’d wind up spending the next six years writing the longest continued comic story I’ve ever attempted,” Morrison said at DCComics.com.
“This master theme of damaged and ruined families was nowhere more in evidence than in the creation of Damian, the first ‘Son of Batman’ to be acknowledged in the canon,” Morrison said. “In many ways this has been Damian’s story as much as it has been the story of Bruce Wayne and it’s a story that had its end planned a long time ago – for what son could ever hope to replace a father like Batman, who never dies?”
The first Robin, Dick Grayson, is currently fighting crime as Nightwing. The second, Jason Todd, was killed via a highly publicized phone-in poll in 1988. A third, Tim Drake, is now known as “Red Robin.” Damian is the fourth major Robin, though other characters have temporarily served in the role.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients