Jimi Hendrix highlights 2013 Record Store Day poster
Record Store Day has revealed its official poster for its sixth year. The day, which celebrates the independent record community worldwide, features Jimi Hendrix on its 2013 official poster.
Last week, Jack White was named the official ambassador of the day, which this year is April 20.
According to a news release, the poster was made from a photo of Jimi Hendrix that was shot in a small record store in New England by Ira Rosen right before the release of Are You Experienced. Jimi Hendrix was a fan of record stores, the release states, and he spent the morning shopping for some of the latest releases at the time.
Jimi Hendrix’s sister, Janie Hendrix, talked about Jimi Hendrix’s appearance on the poster in the news release.
“It’s entirely appropriate that an image of Jimi Hendrix is on the official Record Store Day poster,” she said. “He was an avid music fan and record collector himself and, of course, his recordings are among the most enduring and cherished of all time. Jimi’s musical legacy and influence grow with every passing year so, in a sense, he makes Record Store Day last much, much longer than 24 hours.”
The poster, limited to 5,000 copies, will be given away at participating record stores in the United States. Also for Record Store Day 2013, Experience Hendrix will issue a limited edition individually numbered 7″ vinyl single featuring the original mono mixes of “Hey Joe” b/w “Stone Free.” A new Hendrix album of 12 previously unreleased studio recordings from 1968-1970, “People, Hell, and Angels,” is set for a March 5 release.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims
- 3705Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3691Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3323Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients