‘Superman Unchained’ is name of Scott Snyder-Jim Lee comic series
USA Today reports that the previously announced Scott Snyder-Jim Lee Superman series coming out this summer will be titled “Superman Unchained.”
Snyder will also write backup stories in “Unchained” to be illustrated by Dustin Nguyen.
“The way to approach a character as iconic as him is you just come at it from a standpoint of what you love the most about the character, and then write a story that explores that, tear it down and build it back up,” Snyder tells USA Today.
The series is part of DC Comics’ celebration of Superman’s 75th anniversary. Superman will also hit movie theaters again this year, with Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel” on June 14. “Superman Unchained” will fly into comic shops on June 12, and will be previewed as part of this year’s Free Comic Book Day on May 4.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 9407How to help tornado victims
- 8455Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8294Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients