Early days of Batman to be revisited in ‘Zero Year’
The “Batman” creative team of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo will look at the early days of the Dark Knight in “Zero Year,” an upcoming storyline in the pages of “Batman.”
While Batman’s origin will be largely the same, the new storyline will explore the crime-fighter’s early days.
“It’s not ‘let’s redo the origin,’” Snyder told the Associated Press. “It’s time for a new story showing how Batman became who he is in the New 52.”
The 11-issue story will begin in June.
“We tried to preserve as much of Batman’s history as we could and keep what we could of this history intact,” Snyder told AP. “It’s ‘The Zero Year,’ the one that no one has told the story of before. We see how Bruce became the Batman, built the cave, faced off with his first super villain.”
Given the success of the “Batman” title since the Snyder-Capullo team took over with the “New 52″ relaunch, it makes sense to have an origin-type tale by this creative team. Snyder indicates in the AP story he’s trying to avoid stepping on the toes of “Year One,” the classic Frank Miller-David Mazzucchelli storyline.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6021UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients