Wolverine goes on the hunt in Paul Cornell-Alan Davis Marvel NOW! series
The popular X-Man character Wolverine stars in a new title as part of Marvel Comics’ “Marvel NOW!” initiative.
Wolverine has remained a high-profile character for more than 30 years in comics. Now, he’s a movie star as well. The character of Wolverine is set to grace the silver screen again on July 26, with Hugh Jackman reprising his role.
In the comics, Marvel NOW! “Wolverine” No. 1 is on sale this week, from the creative team of writer Paul Cornell and artist Alan Davis. Cornell may be best-known for his work on “Doctor Who” on television and in tie-in novels. Cornell says his take on “Wolverine” won’t require any previous knowledge of the character.
“We’re aiming for this comic to be attractive for people who’ve never read a Wolverine comic, never read a super hero comic,” Cornell wrote on his blog at www.paulcornell.com. “We’ll tell you all you need to know.”
Wolverine is a member of the X-Men, a group of mutants who were born with unusual abilities. The characters have often been used as an allegory for groups facing discrimination or persecution.
Wolverine himself has the ability to heal from nearly any wound. He was also born with claws that can extend from his forearms. At some point in his past, as part of a shadowy government program called “Weapon X,” the unbreakable metal adamantium was grafted to his bones and claws.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients