Gift ideas for comic-book fans
When it comes to holiday gift-giving and receiving, it’s a great time to be a comic-book fan. If you have a comics fan in your life, there’s a wide array of gift possibilities on shelves at comic-book stores and other retail outlets. Most comic stores should have staples including comic-book collecting supplies, graphic novels and gift certificates. Here are some suggestions for the comics fans on your list.
It was a big year for comic-book heroes in the cineplexes this year, with “Marvel’s The Avengers,” “The Amazing Spider-Man” and “The Dark Knight Rises,” all now available on DVD and Blu-ray.
“Marvel’s The Avengers” is available in a variety of formats; the four-disc version including a Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, digital copy and digital music download retails for $49.99.
“The Amazing Spider-Man” is available in multiple formats as well; the three-disc combo with Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet digital copy retails for $40.99.
“The Dark Knight Rises” Blu-ray/DVD Combo plus UltraViolet Digital Copy hits shelves on Tuesday with a suggested retail price of $35.99; the box set of the “Dark Knight Trilogy” on Blu-ray retails at $52.99. In addition, the film is available for DVD and for download. For even more Bat-action, the animated feature “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1” is available on Blu-ray ($24.98) and DVD ($19.98), as the first part of the adaptation of Frank Miller’s acclaimed graphic novel features Batman returning from retirement to again face a crime-filled Gotham City.
And that’s just the start of possible gift ideas for comic-book fans this year.
“Avengers vs. X-Men” from Marvel Comics retails for $75. The biggest crossover of the year is collected in
Ed Brubaker’s crime drama “Scene of the Crime,” originally published by Vertigo, is back in a sharp hardcover edition from Image Comics. Extras include the original proposal for the series from Brubaker, and additional art from series artists Michael Lark and Sean Phillips. The book retails for $24.99.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3568Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3561Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3556How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients