Free Comic Book Day 2013; Star Trek Into Darkness trailer; Karen Berger reaction
I feel about like the guy in quicksand in this picture today, so rather than full posts, here are some quick updates of interesting things from today:
* Free Comic Book Day 2013 gold books announced. Marvel and DC keeping theirs mostly secret for now; Image going with The Walking Dead. DC’s Superman special seems likely to tie into the Scott Snyder-Jim Lee launch and the new “Man of Steel” movie, but no details were forthcoming at this time. Other titles include Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sesame Street, Spongebob and Smurfs. Full details to date at FCBD site.
* I’m going to delay my latest “Flashback 1991″ post this week. Next week if all goes as planned, we’ll look at October 1991. That’s actually when I picked up my first Vertigo book, Sandman Special #1. Vertigo was in the news this week, as Karen Berger stepped down from her position at Vertigo, which has caused much discussion online about the future of the imprint. (Graeme McMillan weighs in at Newsarama.) For a time, however, Vertigo saved my interest in comics, which I’ll try to talk about more next week.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25487Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17319Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9536OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8741Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7985Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7943UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7139Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6051Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5454Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4574Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients