Morbius gets spotlight in Amazing Spider-Man 699.1, written by Joe Keatinge
Joe Keatinge and Dan Slott write today’s “Amazing Spider-Man” 699.1, which gives background on the character of Morbius, who will star in a new series from Marvel starting in 2013.
Today’s issue, with art by Valentine Delandro and Marco Checchetto, follows Morbius after the Raft prison break-out from “Amazing Spider-Man” No. 699, and looks back to Morbius’ origin. The character of Michael Morbius, the Living Vampire, first appeared in “Amazing Spider-Man” No. 101, as an antagonist to Peter Parker. Though Morbius’ vampirism has a more science-based origin, his placement in the comics came shortly after the Comics Code loosened to allow vampires and other supernatural elements.
He’s since appeared in multiple arcs of “Amazing Spider-Man” and other comics, most recently in Dan Slott’s run on the title. The character previously had an ongoing series as part of the “Midnight Sons” horror brand of Marvel titles in 1992.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients