Sterling Gates on “Supergirl” 35 at Newsarama
OU graduate Sterling Gates, now the writer of “Supergirl,” talks to Newsarama about issue No. 35, in which Gates, with artist Jamal Igle, made sense of some of Supergirl’s tangled continuity.
Gates tells Newsarama: “She’s had a couple different versions of her origin, and we wanted to make sense of that not only to the readers, but also to ourselves. This version of Supergirl — Kara Zor-El — was reintroduced so we could get back to the roots of the character, making her origins understandable and streamlined. As time went on, however, I felt like the streamlining got a little rocky. Now, I want to definitively state and be able to point to an issue and say, ‘This is it. This is her true origin.’ That’s what this issue represents.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6964Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6671Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6451Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients