Batman: Back someday, says executive
Batman’s not necessarily dead, just out of the picture for a while, says DC Comics senior vice president and executive editor Dan DiDio. It seems that’s information readers have, but not the DC characters, as February solicitation information for “Batman” tie-in title Nightwing says, “Batman is dead.”
DiDio tells the New York Times that several months of Batman-less stories are planned.
“You realize in their absence how valuable the character is,” said DiDio. “Bruce Wayne will always be back as Batman someday.”
In the near future, DC plans a “Battle for the Cowl” storyline as well as “Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader,” written by award-winning novelist and comic-book writer Neil Gaiman.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6385Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6185Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5448Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients