Punisher tales available in “Essential” format, among others
The grim anti-hero the Punisher has sold a lot of comic books since his debut in the February 1974 issue of “The Amazing Spider-Man.” The Punisher is also known as Frank Castle, a former soldier whose family is killed by the mob. Swearing vengeance for his family, the Punisher wages war on criminals without consideration of due process.
The Punisher’s first adventures have been collected by Marvel Comics in “The Essential Punisher” series. “Essential Punisher” No. 1 contains the Punisher’s adventures guest-starring in titles including “The Amazing Spider-Man,” “Captain America” and “Daredevil.” The volume closes with the five-issue miniseries “The Punisher” from 1986, written by Steven Grant with art by Mike Zeck. The success of that miniseries led Marvel to give the Punisher an ongoing series.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients