Comic-Con Preview Night
SAN DIEGO — I didn’t schedule anything major for tonight, so I could wander the floor and check in with people. While traffic is lighter than it’ll be during the full days, it still felt pretty full once the show got in full swing.
Among things seen at Preview Night:
* Saw Mark Waid signing at Boom! Studios and thanked him for giving me an interview back in the mid-1990s when I was starting my own comics zine. He was friendly and gracious about it. I encourage everybody to check out his Irredeemable, which is a dark and intense comic.
* Saw Alex Ross artwork that costs more than my car. By quite a bit, actually.
* Saw some Heritage auctions items that also were quite pricey – a 9.8 Incredible Hulk 181 had an estimate of $17,000.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3755Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3751Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3590As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients