Top Cow’s Artifacts involves Witchblade, Darkness, more in yearlong event
From Friday’s The Oklahoman:
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A yearlong event involving all the supernatural characters of the Top Cow universe is the company’s big comic-book event for 2010, Top Cow Publisher Filip Sablik said at the ComicsPRO annual members’ meeting in Memphis.
The series will kick off with an issue on Free Comic Book Day, set for May 1.
“Our goal here is to make this a completely accessible series,” Sablik said.
“Artifacts” will bring together the 13 mystical artifacts that guide the fate of mankind in the Top Cow Universe.
And when those are brought together, “something really, really bad happens,” Sablik said.
The 13-issue series written by Ron Marz “is by far the most ambitious thing I’ve ever attempted on the publishing end,” Sablik said.
It will reveal how various pieces of the Top Cow universe fit together and should be appealing to Top Cow’s long-term fans, Sablik said. But the company also is making it new-reader friendly, with the Free Comic Book Day book aimed at introducing the characters of the Top Cow universe. The No. 1 issue of the series will follow in July.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients