Will Joss Whedon direct the Avengers?
Deadline Hollywood reports Joss Whedon is in final negotiations to direct Marvel’s franchise property, “The Avengers.”
The “Avengers” film will team Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), and will likely also feature SHIELD’s Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). The individual heroes’ films are set to lead into “The Avengers,” which certainly indicates Marvel doesn’t want to blow this movie.
While Whedon’s box-office is tenuous, his geek cred is enormous, as the creator of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Serenity,” and as the writer of comics including “Astonishing X-Men” and “Fray.”
Whedon has been approached by those wanting to make comic-book films before; he was previously attached to “Wonder Woman,” and was approached about “X-Men 3.” In both cases, he didn’t end up making the film – he passed on “X-Men 3″ to instead work on “Wonder Woman,” which he eventually left over creative differences. I think fans will be thrilled if this happens, and it seems like a good choice for Marvel.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19121Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6569Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6311OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5835Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4411Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4396Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3956Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3349Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3325Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients