C2E2: SpongeBob Squarepants, Archie to join Comics4Kids app for iPad, iPhone, more by comiXology
At the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2), comiXology announced a Comics4Kids app for the iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices. Designed for children 9 and older, the app will feature titles from publishers including Archie Comics and Nicktoons. Comics4Kids is set to launch by the end of April; Archie Comics are available now via the Comics by comiXology app.
Archie, Sonic the Hedgehog, and, for a limited time, Spongebob Squarepants will join the app. Nearly 50 comics aimed at kids will be available via the app, as will a retail locator to help parents find more kid-friendly comics in print.
“Comics were a staple of my life growing up. I lived and breathed Archie as a kid, so I know how big of a role these books can play in children’s development. Now, as an adult, I’m doing everything I can to ensure that today’s generation of tech-oriented kids has the same opportunity through comiXology,” said Jon Goldwater, CEO of Archie Comics, in a release.
Comics4Kids is aimed at creating engaging resources to strengthen child development, according to comiXology’s news release.
“Comics have always been read by kids,” said comiXology CEO David Steinberger in the news release. “What we noticed though was the lack of appropriate digital comics made specifically for kids. Since most of the comic apps out there now are 17 and over because of the content they provide, we knew we needed to make an entirely new app for the kids who want to discover and explore comics; an app that parents could feel good about.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5016Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4897Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4295Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients