Milo Ventimiglia: Nerdage’s #18 actor
“Heroes” star Milo Ventimiglia comes in at #18 on Nerdage’s list of actors with geek appeal. Not only does Ventimiglia star as a superhero on the nerd-friendly “Heroes,” he’s also produced his own comic book – “Berserker,” from Top Cow. Ventimiglia starred in a viral video promoting the comic.
“Berserker” started as a screenplay from Rick Loverd, a staff writer on “Friday Night Lights.” Ventimiglia, who portrays the superpowered Peter Petrelli on “Heroes,” and his producing partner Russ Cundiff both loved the script. But they thought the violence could make it a hard sell.
“They found this screenplay. They read it. They loved it; and they said, no one in their right mind is going to make this as a TV show or a movie – we should totally buy this,” Top Cow publisher Filip Sablik said. “Both Russ and Milo are comics fans, so they said this would be perfect for comics fans.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients