Helen Slater: Nerdage’s #17 actress
Helen Slater, who played the Supergirl in the 1984 film and Superman’s Kryptonian mother in 2007 episodes of “Smallville” has outstanding geek cred. As such, she lands at No. 17 on Nerdage’s top 25 actresses with geek appeal.
In 2010, she’s co-written a story in the pages of “Supergirl” with Jake Black.
” Helen and I hammered out a story that looks back on 50 years and 50 issues of Supergirl,” Black said in an interview with The Oklahoman.
“Helen had some things that she really wanted to say about the character as a young woman in modern society, but also as a hero.”
Slater wrote the introduction to “Supergirl: Who Is Superwoman?,” collecting the story line by Tulsa writer Sterling Gates and artist Jamal Igle.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients