There’s tons of Comic-Con info all over the web, but here’s my boil-it-down take on some of the highlights.
TOP 5 BUZZ FILMS
1. District 9 – went from “What is this?” to “Must-See.”
2. Twilight 2 – I have no interest, but you can’t downplay the buzz of 2,000 people camping out overnight.
3. Iron Man 2 – The footage drove everybody bananas, and geeks love Favreau and RDJ.
4. Sherlock Holmes – Speaking of RDJ.
5. 9 – Good reaction to what was shown at the con of this animated tale.
TOP 5 COMIC ANNOUNCEMENTS (in my opinion)
1. Marvel gets Miracleman rights.
2. Jeff Smith will create more comics in the Bone universe.
3. Geoff Johns will continue on Flash; Sterling Gates to write Kid Flash
4. Jim Shooter to revive Gold Key characters, including ones he previously worked on at Valiant Comics.
5. Return of Kurt Busiek’s Astro City as a monthly
TOP 5 COOL THINGS I SAW
1. Iron Man 2 footage and cast.
2. Two Supermen in one day: Tom Welling and Yuri Lowenthal.
3. 4,000 people reciting the Green Lantern oath.
4. Geoff Johns telling the story of wrecking Richard Donner’s car
5. Cast members of Lost at the Lost panel, including one former star I really didn’t expect to see.
- Matt Price