Oklahoma’s Sterling Gates returns with “Flashpoint: Kid Flash Lost” #1
Tulsa-born Sterling Gates has his first comic-book release since the end of his acclaimed “Supergirl” run today, with the release of “Flashpoint: Kid Flash Lost” No. 1, the first in a three-part limited series. The series has ties to DC’s “Flashpoint,” the large summer event written by Geoff Johns.
“KID FLASH LOST is a FLASHPOINT mystery, as Bart and the mysterious character known as Hot Pursuit try to unravel what has happened when the world they wake up in is not their own. Bart will deal with many of the character threads set up in Geoff Johns’ “Road to Flashpoint” storyarc even as he confronts the greatest danger the 31st century has ever seen,” Gates said at DC Comics’ Source blog.
“Kid Flash Lost” is one of 16 “Flashpoint” miniseries. The first issue of each is shipping with a promotional button featuring the series’ logo.
The issue is illustrated by Oliver Nome and Trevor Scott.
Gates, who graduated from the University of Oklahoma, has also written “Green Lantern Corps” for the publisher, and co-wrote the 2010 miniseries “War of the Supermen,” which spun out of DC’s Free Comic Book Day issue.
In September, he’ll write “Hawk and Dove” as part of DC’s relaunch of its line. That book will be illustrated by Rob Liefeld (“Youngblood”).
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients