Green Lantern’s Blake Lively goes beyond damsel in distress
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — “Gossip Girl” star Blake Lively pilots a jet and runs an aircraft company in “Green Lantern,” so she’s more than a damsel in distress.
Carol Ferris is the love interest of Ryan Reynolds’ Hal Jordan, who becomes Earth’s Green Lantern. But Lively, promoting the film at a recent news conference, said her character goes beyond a typical girlfriend role.
“As a female, I grew up watching these comic films, and I’ve never seen a character like this, where the woman is equal to the man,” she said. “She’s also a fighter pilot; she runs the company that he works for. And I thought it was really cool that, here’s this superhero, but she’s a bit of a real-life hero in her own right. She has the strength and the power of the men that surround her, but she also is able to balance the femininity and be the heart for the man that she loves.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7545Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7311Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6526UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients