Cameron Diaz enjoys behaving badly in “Bad Teacher”
LOS ANGELES — In “Bad Teacher,” Cameron Diaz plays Elizabeth Halsey, a middle-school teacher who does mostly the wrong things, mostly for the wrong reasons. While she’s not exactly a role model, she is a humorous character to watch.
“I’m not judging,” Diaz said at a news conference promoting the film at the Four Seasons hotel. “But the thing about it is that, if we believed this was the right thing to do, we wouldn’t be making fun of it. Right? So it was really fun to make fun of it. Because clearly, especially living in this town, we all know what it’s like to come up against people who have their priorities a little screwed up and focus on the wrong things.”
Halsey plans to lure a rich man into marrying her so she can live a life of leisure. When watch fortune heir Scott Delacorte (Justin Timberlake) becomes a substitute at the school, Elizabeth sets her sights on him. But when she sees a picture of his ex-girlfriend in a bikini, she decides she needs to make certain cosmetic enhancements to land Scott.
“It’s called hard economic times, have you ever heard of this? You can’t find a millionaire like the way you could like three, four years ago before the crash,” Diaz, 38, said. “So it’s like a lot of work for her now. It’s an investment.”
That investment? Breast enhancement surgery.
“She’s working hard for those,” Diaz said. “She knows to get what you want, you have to have a goal. And her goal is to invest in her ‘business’ and get a pair of (breasts).”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3771OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3668Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3566How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients