2,011 in 2011 comic-book reading challenge: Week 24 and 25 recap
The comic-book reading challenge continues! My goal is to read 2,011 comic books in 2011. After week 25, I’m at 863. That’s about 43 percent of the comics read, with 48 percent of the year over.
My biggest individual run read in the past two-week period was Peter David’s 1990s run on “X-Factor.” Other runs included Jim Starlin’s “Mystery in Space” and “The Weird.”
Breakdowns after the break.
Marvel and DC actually tied in comics read for the past 2 weeks:
Marvel Comics: 28
DC Comics: 28
The 199os were the dominant decade for reading in the last period:
Year to date breakdowns:
Marvel Comics remains in the lead, followed by DC Comics and Image.
Marvel Comics: 467
DC Comics: 116
Image Comics: 59
Valiant Comics: 47
Dark Horse: 36
Eclipse Comics: 23
NOW Comics: 12
Pen and Ink: 7
The 2000s remain in the lead for most-read decade. The 1990s move into second place, followed by the 2010s. The 1980s are in fourth.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21361Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10815Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8633Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8589Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8336Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7789Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7697Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7169UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6790Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5790Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients