Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard lets different creators play in fantasy world
Fans can dig into the mythology and stories of the “Mouse Guard” world in the creative anthology “Legends of the Guard.”
One night in the June Alley Inn, in the western mouse city of Barkstone, the mice join a storytelling contest. The winner will receive forgiveness of his bar tab. The rules are that Every story must contain at least one truth and at least one falsehood, and the story must be one the judge has never heard before.
The 4-issue miniseries, collected in hardcover, features contributions from Gene Ha, Terry Moore, Ted Naifeh, Guy Davis, Sean Rubin, Mark Smylie, Craig Rousseau, Karl Kerschl, Katie Cook and Jeremy Bastian, with framing sequences by “Mouse Guard” creator David Petersen.
The stories range from funny to action-packed to near-terrifying, each showing a different side of or piece of history from the Mouse Guard world. This well-rounded fantasy series is a pleasant way to fill the time while waiting for the next “Mouse Guard” series, but it’s worth a look on its own right, as well, to see a variety of stories from talented comics creators.
- Matt Price
Comics read in 2011: 867. Still to go: 1144.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7081Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5938Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5914Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients