Peter David leads way among writers in 2,011 in 2011 comic book challenge
With 6 months of my yearlong “2,011 in 2011″ comic-book reading challenge coming to an end today, I should be halfway done. I’m not, but I’ve still managed to read 877 comic books in 6 months, which isn’t a bad run. Making the goal is still in sight.
Looking back over the comics I’ve read, prolific author Peter David is my most-read comics writer in 2011, by quite a bit, with 87 comics of his read (or, right around 10 percent of the total thus far).
Here’s the top 10 list:
1. Peter David: 87
2. Jay Faerber: 54
3. Stan Lee: 42
3 (tie). Chris Claremont: 42
5. Jim Shooter: 36
6. Mike W. Barr: 31
7. Teri Sue Wood: 24
8. Steve Englehart: 20
9. Ed Brubaker: 17
9. Jim Starlin: 17
(Edit: I forgot to add “Breed” to Jim Starlin’s total originally, which puts him on the list and bumps Dan Slott. Sorry, Dan. All told, I’ve read comics from more than 100 writers thus far.)
What comic-book writers have you been reading this year?
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25487Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17319Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9536OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8741Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7985Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7943UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7139Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6051Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5454Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4574Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients