2,011 in 2011 comic-book reading challenge: Halfway point
I’m basically at the halfway point, as far as days, of the 2,011 in 2011 comic-book reading challenge, and I thought I’d take a post and recap kind of how it’s gone so far.
I was hoping to be under 1,000 remaining to read at this point, but that just hasn’t happened. I think it’s been more difficult than I thought to find time to read 6 comic books every day – which is about what I need to get to 2,011. Some days, life gets in the way, and I read 1 or sometimes even 0. Too many zero days, and you’re in the position I’m in, which is about 130 comics short of the halfway point.
I still think I can make up the ground and get there. This has been a busier first half of the year than I had anticipated when I decided to do this, but I still think I can do it. Part of the time-sink is writing up recaps. Even writing brief synopses takes some effort, and doing so over and over again has gotten a little difficult.
I’m hoping with the long weekend, I can knock out a couple of trade paperbacks and get closer to the goal.
Finding really fascinating comics help the process along; as such I was really pleased to rediscover “Wandering Star” this year, which I was only kind of familiar with before. Reading that entire run has been a highlight of the year thus far. And Peter David’s modern X-Factor run, I’d only read some of, but this challenge encouraged me to get through much more of it. (And it’s a really good read.)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients