Oklahoma creators among Harvey Award nominees
Three comic-book creators with Oklahoma ties are among the nominees for the Harvey Awards, comic-book awards selected exclusively by comic-book creators.
The awards will be presented as part of the 2011 Baltimore Comic-Con on Aug. 20 in Baltimore, Md.
Named in honor of the late Harvey Kurtzman, the awards recognize outstanding work in comics and sequential art.
Brian Winkeler, of Yukon; Dave Curd, formerly of Edmond, and Eric Sandhop, of Oklahoma City, are part of the anthology “Popgun” Vol. 4, nominated in the best anthology category. They create the comic “Bastard Road,” about the postapocalyptic wanderings of an amnesiac warrior.
“We’re very excited about Popgun 4′s Harvey nominations, especially since this volume features the most Bastard Road ever: 28 pages of comics by me, co-creator Dave Curd and special guest artist Eric Sandhop,” Winkeler said. “We’ve got big plans in the works for Bastard Road, and these nominations are a great way to gear up for the fun stuff we’ve got coming up!”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20008Oklahoma tornadoes: Six May 20 tornado rumors corrected
- 14873Moore milestones: Missing moms make graduation day bittersweet
- 11274Live reporting: President Obama leaves Oklahoma after touring tornado damage in Moore
- 11227Oklahoma tornadoes: Two arms that didn't know they were broken helped rescue children at Briarwood Elementary
- 7454Three Oklahoma men die in wrecks on state roads
- 6157President Barack Obama to tour tornado damage in Oklahoma
- 6108Oklahoma tornadoes: 'Moore is going to come back stronger,' Obama says during visit
- 4839Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4619How to help tornado victims
- 4589Body of drowned teenager recovered Sunday morning
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients