Warner Bros. has announced that fans at Comic-Con can enter to win a replica of the Thundercats’ Sword of Omens at next week’s Comic-Con International in San Diego.
Here’s more info, from Warner Bros:
• Handcrafted by the artisan Dragon of Renegade Effects Group, this replica Sword of Omens is forged of aircraft aluminum (1/3 of what steel weighs – but just as tough!) and features a hand-carved eyepiece and ThunderCats logo.
• For a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the sword, click here:
• Sword design taken directly from the drawings of the Warner Bros. Animation artists.
• Visit the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) to find out how you could win the Sword of Omens.
• In addition to this special prize, the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) will also be giving away free foam replicas of the Sword of Omens to fans on Friday, July 22, and Sunday, July 24.
• A world premiere screening of ThunderCats at Comic-Con will take place on Friday, July 22, at 3:30 p.m. in Room 6A. After the screening, join Larry Kenney (voice of Claudus, voice of Lion-O in the original series), Emmanuelle Chriqui (voice of Cheetara), producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton will for a panel discussion on the series.
• ThunderCats roars onto TV screens with an hour-long special premiere event on Friday, July 29, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network. Following the premiere, the show will air regularly on Cartoon Network Friday nights at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, beginning August 5.
The official rules are available at TheWB.com. You must be over 18 to enter.
Warner Bros. will update fans throughout Comic-Con at www.thewb.com/comiccon and on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC).
- Matt Price