2,011 in 2011 comic-book reading challenge: week 28 and 29 recap
With 88 comic books read in the past 2 weeks, I’ve read 1,026 out of a planned 2,011 in my 2011 comic-book reading challenge. With 56 percent of the year over, I’ve read 51 percent of the comics I need to to meet my goal. The largest portion of my reading in the past 2 weeks were 20 issues of “G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero” from Marvel’s 1980s series, based on the Hasbro toy line, that have been recently reprinted by IDW. Click past the cut for breakdowns.
Marvel Comics was significantly out in front, with the aforementioned G.I. Joe comics, as well as 15 issues from the Brian Michael Bendis “Daredevil” run. An assortment of “Batman” comics helped put DC in the No. 2 spot in the past 2 weeks.
Marvel Comics – 57
DC Comics – 17
Oni Press – 12
Image Comics – 1
Bluewater – 1
The decades were relatively evenly spread among the 1980s, 2000s and 2010s.
1980s - 26
1990s – 6
2000s – 28
2010s – 28
Year to date breakdowns:
Marvel Comics extends its lead. It’s followed by DC Comics and Image.
Marvel Comics: 572
DC Comics: 135
Image Comics: 60
Valiant Comics: 47
Dark Horse: 36
Eclipse Comics: 23
NOW Comics: 12
Oni Press: 12
Pen and Ink: 7
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients