“Captain America Corps” highlights heroes from different eras; plus more comic-book reviews
Captain America Corps 1-2
Roger Stern writes this miniseries, which gathers various Captain Americas through time and puts them up against a cosmic-level threat to the future. Philippe Briones, who drew
Ghost Rider #1
Rob Williams crafts this tale of a new, female Ghost Rider who replaces Johnny Blaze as “Fear Itself” crosses the Marvel Universe. Matthew Clark provides the art. This seems to be an attempt to move Ghost Rider back toward the Marvel Universe as opposed to off in a Marvel Knights or mature readers imprint, and it works OK, but it didn’t set my head on fire.
Amazing Spider-Man #665
As “Spider-Island” looms, Peter Parker’s relationship with longtime pal Betty Brant is explored. Aunt May comes off a bit out of character, and parts of the story may be cliched, but it’s a rare misstep by Dan Slott, who even on a rare off issue is perfectly readable. Art is byRyan Stegman. As a change of pace, grounding issue before Spider-Island it’s fine, and Slott is still a fantastic Spider-Man writer. This one was just less appealing to me than most of his run.
Flashpoint: The Canterbury Cricket #1
Rags Morales provides nice art, but I couldn’t really get into Mike Carlin’s story about the Canterbury Cricket. It’s the origin of a new character in the Flashpoint Universe, set in England. As resistance fighters Etrigan the Demon, Godiva, Mrs Hyde and Wicked Jinny Greenteeth face off against the Amazons, they are in trouble until the Cricket arrives, and reveals his origin.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 82236Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32719Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 31236Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 27663Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24708Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8346Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7879Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7784Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7479Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7384Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients