Blu-ray review: ‘The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy: Extended Edition’
If you don’t already have Middle Earth fatigue, the absolute top-of-the-line edition of Peter Jackson’s “Lord of the Rings” trilogy is available on Blu-ray. The extended, remastered editions plus tons of extras are available on a fifteen-disc set.
“The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, directed by Peter Jackson, is one of the most fantastic cinematic achievements of the new century. Taking J.R.R. Tolkien’s source material of “The Lord of the Rings” novels, Jackson created an award-winning trilogy that redefined epics.
The films look even better than on the previous Blu-ray release of the theatrical editions. There’s been some change to the color timing to the films for this edition, and while there’s some online talk about a “green hue,” Warner Bros. maintains the films look as they were intended. And they do look simply fantastic, with an abundance of detail.
In “The Fellowship of the Ring,” Frodo Baggins (Elijah Wood), a young Hobbit, inherits a powerful ring, which he must try to destroy, with a group of allies called the fellowship of the ring. In “The Two Towers,” the fellowship is divided. Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen) must defend Rohan, as Gollum leads Frodo and Sam (Sean Astin) to Mordor to destroy the ring. And in “Return of the King,” Aragorn and his allies fight in the spectacular battle of Minas Tirith in an attempt to allow Frodo to fulfill his quest.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 79546Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30543Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28179Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 26729Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7711Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7142Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7088Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7050Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 6632Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6243Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients