Comic book related murder set for Max Allan Collins novel, “Seduction of the Innocent”
Hard Case Crime has announced it will publish a new Max Allan Collins novel, “Seduction of the Innocent.”
According to the news release, the book is a hardboiled detective novel inspired by the 1950s witch-hunt against crime and horror comic books.
The book is written by Max Allan Collins (“Road to Perdition”) and will feature 16 pages of interior illustrations by artist Terry Beatty (“Batman”).
In the book, comic book industry troubleshooter Jack Starr investigates the death of a man crusading against violent comic books. The book was inspired in part by Dr. Fredric Wertham. In 1954, Wertham published a non-fiction book, “Seduction of the Innocent,” that accused comic books of causing juvenile delinquency.
“Max has chosen a fascinating corner of history to write about and spun an irresistible whodunit against that backdrop,” said Hard Case Crime editor Charles Ardai in a news release. “No fan of comic books or of detective stories will want to miss it.”
The book will be released in Feb. 2013 in paperback and e-book formats, with a cover painting by Glen Orbik.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6964Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6671Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6451Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients