Marvel Comics teams with Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Press release from Marvel:
New York, NY—June 25, 2012— Marvel Entertainment goes pink this October, launching a month-long campaign in support of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with all new covers on select October titles and educational material on Marvel.com. Throughout the month of October, the world’s most popular super heroes—Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Wolverine and more—will be featured on all-new variant covers with special pink-colored costumes available exclusively at comic shops*. Additionally, all Marvel super hero comics in October will feature a special one-page advertorial educating readers about breast cancer, complimented by additional content on Marvel.com and through social media.
“Marvel is proud to partner with Susan G. Komen For the Cure to support their unparalleled efforts to raise awareness about the risk of breast cancer to both women and men,” said Dan Buckley, Publisher & President of the Print, Animation & Digital Divisions, Marvel Worldwide, Inc. “We’re in a unique position to educate all our fans and increase awareness of the ways to fight—and reduce– this risk of this disease by utilizing our comics and online presence.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 4402Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients