Valiant Comics’ Bloodshot is techno-thriller mystery
Crime novelist Duane Swierczynski brings a noir sensibility to the techno-thriller comic book series “Bloodshot.” “Bloodshot” is the third title to be released by the relaunched Valiant Comics. The first issue went on sale July 11.
The character is on a search for his own identity in the series. Swiercynski told MTV Geek that the character will face amnesia as the story begins, dropping the reader into the mystery.
“I love paranoid, amnesia-type noir stories,” Swiercynski said in an interview with MTV Geek. “… In Bloodshot’s case, he can’t even remember his past—and the very things that can help him solve the mystery of his life would send most people to a rubber room in 10 seconds flat.”
Artists Manuel Garcia and Arturo Lozzi round out the creative team for “Bloodshot.”
Bloodshot was part of the original Valiant Comics in 1992, first introduced in “Eternal Warrior” No. 4. “Bloodshot” No. 1, released in 1994, sold over 1 million copies. It was written by Kevin VanHook and drawn by Don Perlin.
In the 1990s series, Angelo Mortalli was a mob killer who is set up and framed. He was found by the mob after entering witness protection, and subjected to an experimental process that made him into a human weapon with nanite-infused blood. With his memory lost, Mortalli — now called Bloodshot — seeks out his past and those who wish to kill him. Valiant has digitally released issues 0-7 of the 1990s “Bloodshot” comics via Comixology.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5818Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5611Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5224UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients