12 killed in shooting at “Dark Knight Rises” screening
Police have reported 12 people have been killed by a gunman who attacked patrons of a midnight screening of the film “The Dark Knight Rises” in Aurora, Colo., according to the Associated Press.
At least 50 others are reported injured. A suspect is in custody.
NewsOK has multiple reports, including statements from witnesses.
Warner Bros., who released the film “The Dark Knight Rises,” has released the following statement:
“Warner Bros. is deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident. We extend our sincere sympathies to the families and loved ones of the victims at this tragic time.”
“Batman” comic-book writer Scott Snyder shared his reaction on twitter:
“Woke to the news about the … shooting in Co. Horrified and saddened. Thoughts and prayers with Aurora.”
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients