Flash faced Vandal Savage during Mike Baron’s run
I’ve been running into a brick wall a lot today while running around at 100 miles per hour, so this “Flash” cover featuring Flash crashing into Vandal Savage feels pretty accurate.
It’s from a run of comics that I enjoy a lot – Mike Baron’s run on the Flash, the first featuring Wally West as a solo hero taking over for his mentor. I named it one of the top 5 Mike Baron runs on comics in a 2010 Nerdage post.
Comics Bulletin has an issue-by-issue rundown of Baron’s Flash run.
Speedforce.org excerpts an interview with Baron from the Flash Companion where he talks about choosing Vandal Savage as one of the few existing DC villains he focused on in his run, a villain who was essentially the overarching mastermind facing the Flash in Baron’s run on the series.
“I can’t exactly recall, but for starters, he’s a great villain,” Baron said. “It may also have been that I wanted to have some continuity in that first issue between Barry Allen and Wally West.”
Jackson “Butch” Guice and Mike Collins are the artists on the Baron “Flash” run.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 82322Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14350Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8268Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7560Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7513How to help tornado victims
- 6279Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5999Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5884Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5788Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 5685OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients