Logan’s Run: The Complete Series DVD review
The 1967 sci-fi novel “Logan’s Run” inspired the 1976 film starring Michael York and Jenny Agutter. The success of that film led to 1977′s short-lived television series on CBS. The 14 produced episodes of that series are now available on DVD as “Logan’s Run: The Complete Series.”
The series is set in the 24th century, after nuclear war has ravaged the planet. In the series, Logan 5 (Gregory Harrison) lives in the City of Domes, where he is a “Sandman,” sort of a police officer who must chase down “runners.” Runners are those who rebel against the steadfast rule in the City of Domes that all must enter the Carousel at age 30. The Carousel is an extermination ritual in which those participating are told they will be reborn. But some start to question Carousel, including, eventually, Logan.
The TV series re-creates the events of the movie, more or less, in the first half of the pilot. He escapes with Jessica (Heather Menzies) to the outside world, where they seek Sanctuary, a believed safe place for those who have run from the City of Domes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients