Rob Liefeld’s Bloodstrike gets movie option
Rob Liefeld’s Bloodstrike has been optioned for a film according to a report from Variety.
The film will be based on the comic, launched in 1993 and recently revamped by Tim Seeley. If you haven’t checked out Seeley’s take on Bloodstrike, I recommend giving it a look – for fans of ultra-violent action comics, this should be right up your alley. I’m not always into the more violent fare, but Seeley and artist Franchesco Gaston have greated a sci-fi action movie that would have fit right in the cineplexes of the 1980s.
The concept will be tweaked slightly for the cineplexes of the 2010s, however. Bloody Disgusting reports the Bloodstrike team of soldiers will be fueled by vampire blood in the new film. (EDIT: Rob Liefeld says on twitter: “Variety said vampires, should say, Undead. No harm, no foul.”) Bloody Disgusting also reports “Bloodstrike” sold more than 30 million comics back in the day, which is astounding. I remember the cover for #1 with its “RUB THE BLOOD” gimmick… blood spots on the cover would disappear when rubbed by a person. Man, I kind of miss insane cover gimmicks.
The property has been set up with Adi Shankar’s 1984 Private Defense Contractors.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients