Young Justice: Dangerous Secrets DVD review
The final 14 episodes of the first season of the DC Comics animated program “Young Justice” are out on DVD in the collection “Dangerous Secrets.”
The sidekicks of some of DC Comics’ top superheroes are the stars of the show: Robin, Superboy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Miss Martian and Artemis. A new hero, Rocket, joins the team in this season; she’s a sidekick to the new Justice League member Icon. Second-generation magician Zatanna also has adventures with the team.
The two-DVD set picks up with the team in turmoil after the apparent defection of their mentor, the robot Red Tornado. New mentors step in to help out, including Captain Marvel (voiced by heartthrob and former “West Wing” star Rob Lowe in two episodes and brother Chad Lowe in a third).
The team is sent on covert assignments by the Justice League as the members train for eventual graduation to the top ranks of superheroes. The team receives its assignments from Batman (Bruce Greenwood).
Episodes included on disc one are “Alpha Male,” “Revelation,” “Humanity,” “Failsafe,” “Disordered,” and “Misplaced.” Disc two contains “Coldhearted,” “Image,” “Agendas,” “Insecurity,” “Performance,” “Usual Suspects,” “Auld Acquaintance” and a digital comic story.
Comics fans may enjoy “Coldhearted,” which is loosely based on the first issue of the 1987 “Flash” volume by Mike Baron and Jackson “Butch” Guice. In the episode, it’s Wally West’s 16th birthday. Wally (voiced by Jason Spisak), aka Kid Flash, desperately wants to team up with the Justice League. But when an opportunity presents itself, Wally is needed elsewhere: His speed is needed to race a donated heart across the country in the midst of an unprecedented blizzard. And that’s not the only hardship Wally will face: the immortal villain Vandal Savage also wishes to make Wally’s trip unsuccessful. It’s a well-done update of a classic comic that also fits into the ongoing “Young Justice” storyline.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients